Instead of waiting weeks for a dental crown, Dr. Tijerina is pleased to provide an alternative solution that offers quicker results. Using the Planmeca system to create same-day crowns, he can easily treat, create, and place your customized restoration all in one single visit! This not only limits the number of times you’ll need to visit our office, but it also enables you to resume normal activity much quicker with a fully functional smile. Contact us today to find out if you are eligible for same-day crowns!
Why Choose Tijerina Family & Cosmetic Dentistry for Same-Day Crowns?
- Durable and Natural-Looking Materials Used
- Fully-Restored Smiles in Less Time
- Qualified and Compassionate Dental Team
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
Unlike traditional dental crowns, those created using the Planmeca FIT restoration system offer a multitude of outstanding benefits, some of which include:
- Faster results because the crown is created using an in-house milling unit
- No need for a temporary, resulting in a decreased chance for possible re-infection
- Digital impressions that do not require cold, messy dental putty that is often less accurate
- Fewer visits to the dentist’s office
- A durable, long-lasting restoration
Why You Need a Crown and How it Works
If Dr. Tijerina recommends that you need a dental crown, you’ve likely experienced one of the following situations:
- Severe decay or facial trauma
- An expanded filling that has damaged your weakened tooth
- You recently received a dental implant
- You recently had a root canal performed
- A cusp of your tooth broke off
- Wearing and tearing caused by bruxism (teeth grinding), acid reflux, or another health-related problem
By placing a dental crown over the weakened tooth, it creates a tight seal that not only protects it from further damage but also prevents harmful bacteria from re-entering the area and infecting the tooth. Dental crowns have been around for many years and continue to be one of the safest, most effective solutions for strengthening and protecting severely decayed and damaged teeth.
Process for Same-Day Crowns
When using the Planmeca FIT restoration system, Dr. Tijerina will begin by examining your problem tooth before administering a local anesthetic (and sedation, if necessary) and clearing away any damaged or decayed areas of the tooth. Once all debris is removed, he will use the PlanScan scanner to capture digital impressions of the tooth and its opposing teeth before the information is sent to the Planmeca PlanCAD software.
Once at this stage, the impressions will convert into a 3D model, which will allow Dr. Tijerina to design your custom restoration based on size, shape, and color. When ready, he will send the information to the in-house milling unit, which will be equipped with a piece of a piece of porcelain. At this time, the machine will customize your dental crown based on the specifications provided.
Once it is ready, Dr. Tijerina will clear away any remaining debris and ensure it meets his standards. Using a specific bonding agent, he will cement the crown into place over your weakened tooth, instantly improving your aesthetics and creating a fully restored smile.
Materials Used to Make Same-Day Crowns
Most often, the material used to make same-day crowns is porcelain. Known for its durability and more natural-looking appearance, it will blend in beautifully with your remaining healthy teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference between your real and artificial teeth.
Porcelain has been used for years to create everything from crowns to bridge to veneers. Its ability to provide optimal coverage and a durable exterior make it a popular choice among dental professionals when recommending this type of restorative dentistry.